Senior Management Team
The Senior Management Team provides the educational leadership at Taradale High School. Ours is an experienced and vibrant team, consisting of:
- Mr Stephen Hensman, Principal
- Mr John Marshall, Deputy Principal with responsibility for day-to-day management
- Mrs Liz Drury, Deputy Principal with responsibility for learning and teaching
- Mr Al Bain, Deputy Principal with responsibility for student discipline and welfare.
The role of the Deans is to provide liaison with home as needed, and to ensure that students:
- are feeling safe and happy
- are working to the best of their ability
- have a safe and positive learning environment
- have positive interaction with peers
- select the course appropriate to individual needs
Students can approach the deans at any time with concerns. Staff with concerns about students can make written referrals to deans. The deans interview the student and if necessary contact the family or caregivers.
Weekly meetings are held between deans, the guidance counsellor and a member of senior administration to monitor the progress of students in each year level.
Taradale High School Board of Trustees
The board of trustees at Taradale High School consists of 5 members from the community, one staff member and a student representative who gets elected each year. The Board of Trustees makes decisions relating to the governance of the school.
- Stephen Hensman (Principal)
- Tim Smith (Chair)
Liz Read (Deputy Chair)
- Dan Heaps
- Franz Assenmacher
- Gary Smith
- Hamish Crafar (Staff Representative)
- Abbie Chittock (Student Representative)
Jennie Arnold (Board Secretary)