International Application

Once you have decided that you wish to apply for study at Taradale High School there are two ways you can send us your details (click here for a printer friendly copy of these instructions).

  • Download the Application Form as a Word file, and Email the completed Application Form to
  • OR, Download the Application Form as a pdf file, then Print and Post the completed Application Form to the International Dean at the school address.

Further forms are also required.

  • Download the International Health Certificate for International Students (Word file or pdf file) and complete instructions as above.
  • Do the same with the Accommodation Form (Word file or pdf file) if accommodation is required.

If your application is accepted you will then be sent:

  • An Offer of Place
  • A Tuition Agreement which must be signed and returned to the school
  • An Invoice for the tuition and accommodation fee


  • Tuition and accommodation fees must be paid before a visa can be granted. Fees are usually paid directly by bank transfer into the Taradale High School bank account.
  • Once your payment is received we will issue a receipt. This receipt is required before a visa can be issued for study in New Zealand.
  • Take the Offer of Place and your Receipt to your nearest New Zealand Embassy to apply for your visa.


Taradale High School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Ministry of Education. Copies of the code are available on request from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website at


“Full details of visa and permit requirements, advise on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at


Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at


The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at


International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand.